About Jamu Lodge
Just a stone’s throw from the magnificent Laguna Grande on the banks of the Cuyabeno River sits Jamu Lodge. This lodge tries to take eco-tourism to the next level, with solar-panel energy and candles that help provide the hotel with an intimately illuminated natural ambiance. Once you are settled in to your room, lace up your boots and get ready for your adventure.
Nestled right in the Cuyabeno Reserve, Jamu has access to some of the most interesting and engaging activities in the Amazon, like spotting some of the hundreds of birds that call this reserve their home, hiking along the lodge’s winding trails, and witnessing primary forests and unique “moretal” swamps.
At the Jamu Lodge, there are 9 cabanas with multiple rooms in each. They are connected via an elevated walkway and are built in traditional Amazonian form, with thatched roofs and comfortable spaces. All of the rooms have a private bathroom and easy access to the hammock lounge and dining area.
The dining area is at the center of the lodge (and for many, the center of their experience). Although they use only the freshest locally bought ingredients, like yucca and plantains, the menu is as diverse as the guests who visit, including a national and international gastronomy. If you save enough room, there are even delicious desserts and great alcoholic beverages at the bar too.
On your trip, you will have the chance to experience:
- Informative & educational talks
- Bird watching
- Spotting caimans & dolphins
- Visit to Siona community
- Preparing an indigenous-style meal
- Day & night hikes
- Kayaking Fishing
Jamu Lodge prices:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Lodging||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days|
|Matrimonial, double or triple room with private bathroom and hot water||US$ 262||US$ 334||US$ 406|
- Accommodations (single room is additional fee)
- All meals
- Filtered water, coffee, and tea
- Excursions & activities
- River transportation in motorized canoe (and life jackets)
- Bilingual naturalist guide
- Transportation in private bus from Lago Agrio - Cuyabeno - Lago Agrio
- Rain boots & ponchos
- Transport from/ to Quito- Lago Agrio
- Indigenous community fee
- Entrance fee to Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve
- Personal expenses & tips
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Children discount may apply. For special rates please consult with your destination expert.
- Departure days: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday.
- Single supplement applies to regular rates.