About the Tapir Lodge
Embrace the Amazonian spirit and blend right into the natural environment at the ecofriendly Tapir Lodge. The solar panels provide the lodge with all of the energy for operations, meaning its carbon footprint is almost nonexistent.
This helps maintain the Cuyabeno Reserve and keep this area just as beautiful for future generations of adventurers and explorers. After all, the Amazon is considered the “lungs of the world,” and Tapir takes pride in playing their part to keep it that way!
Unlike other hotels that only offer cabins, Tapir has two unique towers that will put you right on level with the birds and 10 rooms in the Bungalow. Each screened room features a safe, mosquito nets on the beds, reading lamps, private bathrooms, fresh drinking water, and low-voltage electrical outlets.
All of the ingredients that are used in the restaurant are grown locally in the jungle or purchased from the closest city. This guarantees that the national and international menu is as fresh as possible. They also feature “La Tarantula” bar, which offers thirsty guests the most refreshing natural juices, cold beers, and excellent mixed drinks and cocktails.
On your trip, you will have the chance to experience:
- Canoeing in Laguna Grande & the Igapo flooded forest
- Bird & monkey spotting
- Day & night hikes
- Instruction about rainforest ecology
- Visit to a medicine man & local Siona family
Tapir Lodge prices per person:
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
|Number of days||Accommodation|
|2-3 Pax||4-10 Pax||11+ Pax|
|3 days:||US$ 499||US$ 469||US$ 444|
|4 days:||US$ 650||US$ 609||US$ 584|
|5 days:||US$ 775||US$ 729||US$ 699|
|5 days (camping):||US$ 835||US$ 759||US$ 714|
|7 days:||US$ 1090||US$ 1049||US$ 1019|
- Single Rooms have a charge 30% over rate.
- Children under 12 years old 30% off.
- There are no flights to and from Lago Agrio on Sunday.
- Private transportation: Lago Agrio- Cuyabeno -Lago Agrio
- Reception staff available 24 hours
- Accommodation in rooms with private bathroom with hot water shower and daily housekeeping
- All meals
- Drinks (water, coffee, tea)
- Daily excursions on the itinerary
- Canoe rides
- Rubber boots, raincoats, lifejackets for adults
- Multilingual naturalist guide (English, German, Spanish)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal purchases
- Rubber boots & rain coats for kids under the age of 12
- Transportation to Lago Agrio
- Community entrance: USD 6.00
We operate everyday except Sundays with a minimum of 2 international passengers or please contact us for our fixed departures.